Cypress Creek EMS is looking for a dynamic and effective educator to teach in our accredited paramedic academy. Check out the duties and qualifications below. To see additional information and apply, click here.
If you have questions, please send them in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Supervised by: Clinical Department Manager
SUMMARY: The Paramedic Educator has primary responsibility for instructing paramedic students in the CCEMS Paramedic Course. The Paramedic Educator is also responsible for instructing in other initial and continuing educations offered at Cypress Creek EMS and for assisting in the education and professional development of Cypress Creek EMS field staff employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Teach classroom and lab-based courses, including both lecture and skills training for enrolled students.
- Meet with and advise students outside of class hours.
- Ensure students are compliant with course policies for behavior and academic performance.
- Develop and evaluate cognitive, psychomotor, and affective domain evaluation instruments and tests.
- Monitor and prepare reports regarding grades, attendance, progress, and discipline.
- Meet with hospital clinical site leadership and maintain professional relationships with hospital staff responsible for student clinical rotations.
- Maintain course records in accordance with Cypress Creek EMS policies, ABHES and CoAEMSP accreditation standards, applicable state and federal laws, and Texas DSHS rules and regulations.
- Assist with documentation for ABHES and CoAEMSP accreditation.
- Keep classroom, lab areas, and equipment clean, organized, and inventoried.
- Work with Program Director, Course Coordinator, and/or Lead Instructor to develop course plans, course outlines, curriculums,
- Meet department requirements for annual professional development.
Clinical Department Management Responsibilities:
- Actively participate and/or assist in Clinical Department duties. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Education and/or Training for field staff/FTOs/Preceptors/Supervisors
- Assist the Clinical Department to evaluate CCEMS personnel that have been determined to ready for PI, PII, PIII testing.
- Adhere to departmental processes for data and information sharing, accountability practices, and support Clinical Department operations and directives.
- Assist Clinical Department to conduct Skills Testing for other CCEMS educational programs, as needed.
- Work collaboratively with the Clinical Department and Medical Director to implement strategies to improve clinical outcomes.
- May be required to function in a direct clinical capacity by responding to calls, providing delivery of patient care as needed, or assessing the delivery of patient care rendered by CCEMS personnel; and to provide recommendations to the Clinical Department regarding observed practices in the field.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Has delegation authority for approved tasks to the Clinical Assistant. Other supervisory responsibilities may be shared with the Clinical Department Manager and may include participation in the hiring process, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and recommending corrective measures for employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Three years 911 EMS experience, with at least two years as an In-Charge Paramedic (or equivalent).
- At least one year experience as an educator teaching paramedics or paramedic students, preferably in a CoAEMSP accredited paramedic program.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates degree preferred (if no degree, a degree plan must be on file with the Program Director).
Strong ability to teach adult students in a dynamic and engaging manner. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to respond to complaints and/or concerns from the community, the CCEMS personnel, or other partners. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, mean, median, proportions, and percentages and to draw and interpret bar and line graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Ability to utilize common web-based applications, email, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Excel, and similar office productivity applications.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Valid Texas Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic certification or Licensed Paramedic and maintain ability to recertify according to the guidelines set forth by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Current National Registry of EMTs Paramedic certification.
- Current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider certification.
- Current AHA ACLS, NAEMT AMLS, NAEMT PHTLS, and PEPP provider certifications (within 6 months of hire).
- AHA BLS Instructor and ACLS Instructor certifications (within 6 months of hire).
- NAEMSE Level I Instructor Certification (within six months of hire).
- Texas EMS Instructor certification
- NIMS/ICS-100, 200, 700, 800
- NIMS/ICS-300, 400, 775 (within 1 year of hire)