Cypress Creek EMS is now hiring an IT technician Data Analyst. Pay is competitive. Health Benefits for the employee are paid. Benefits for dependents is supplemented. 401K with up to 7% match after one year. Longevity pay after 5 years. See the qualifications below. There’s a link at the very bottom to Apply for the job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides extradepartmental support and report development using SQL server reporting services, Crystal Reports, Power BI, Excel, Access, and Tableau;
- Maintains and protects the integrity of CCEMS databases;
- Provides back-up and cooperative support to the CCEMS Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system;
- Provides back-up and cooperative support to the GIS Coordinator;
- Provides training and documentation relevant to job duties;
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service;
- Participates in the IT Department On-Call program;
- Supports network servers and computers as assigned by the IT Director; and,
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 1 years of experience in analytics focused on turning questions into insight and owning and maintaining data sets
- 2 years experience in SQL, Excel, relational databases, database concepts, and database design. Tableau and/or Power BI experience is a plus as well as knowledge of Python and R
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write in a prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present the results of analysis, in technical and plain language, in verbal and written form to peers, top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, mean, median, proportions, and percentages and to draw and interpret bar and line graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Ability to utilize common web-based applications, email, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Excel, and similar office productivity applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.