Fireworks are sold in Harris County, Texas during a ten day period leading up to Independence Day and New Year’s Eve. Here are some safety tips are in order to help keep you out of Cypress Creek EMS Ambulances over those holidays. Careless use of fireworks can cause a serious injuries and fires.
The following safety tips are provided byThe Harris County Fire Marshal’s Office.
- NEVER ALLOW CHILDREN TO PLAY WITH OR IGNITE FIREWORKS
- Always read and follow label directions, warnings, and instructions
- Be considerate of your neighbors
- Only ignite fireworks outdoors, and away from houses and other buildings
- Be sure other people are out of range before lighting fireworks
- Light only one firework at a time
- Never try to re-light fireworks that have not fully functioned
- Never give fireworks to small children, even sparklers can cause serious burns
- Never throw fireworks at another person, vehicle, or animal
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket
- Never shoot fireworks in metal or glass containers
- Dispose of spent fireworks properly
The Harris County Fire Marshal’s Office inspects fireworks stands for violations and monitors public fireworks displays.
Please call 281-999-2200 to report the illegal sale or use of fireworks. For additional information from the Harris County Fire Marshal’s Office go to https://www.hcfmo.net/
Even though Fireworks are legal in Harris County, a person may NOT:
- Explode or ignite fireworks within 600 feet of any church, a hospital other than a veterinary hospital, an asylum, a licensed child care center, or a public or private primary or secondary school or institution of higher education unless the person receives authorization in writing from that organization; You must have the written permission with you at the site, and available for inspection by any peace officer or fire marshal.
- Sell at retail, explode, or ignite fireworks within 100 feet of a place where flammable liquids or flammable compressed gasses are stored and dispensed.
- Explode or ignite fireworks within 100 feet of a place where fireworks are stored or sold
- Ignite or discharge fireworks in or from a motor vehicle.
- Place ignited fireworks in, or throw ignited fireworks at, a motor vehicle.
- Use fireworks, pyrotechnics, or flame effects inside any building without a permit from the County Fire Marshal.